Calamari and Prawn Salad
Easy to make, healthy salad for sea food lovers. Sometimes we desire light salad dinners and I have found this perfect every time. It oozes with flavours which will tickle your taste buds.
Calamari with delicious prawns marinated in ginger, garlic, honey and chilli sauce. They are served on a bed of mixed choice greens, bean shoots, grated carrots, sesame seeds and some beetroot slices.
200g of ready cooked prawns, 400g of Calamari rings.
For the prawn marinade
– Half a chilli green or red chopped finely
– 2 cloves of garlic minced
– A teaspoon of fresh minced ginger
– A teaspoon of honey
– A teaspoon of olive oil
– Some salt to taste
For the salad dressing
– 30 ml lime/lemon juice
– 30 ml fish sauce
– 30 ml white vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– Put the calamari in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes.
– Pour the already cooked prawns in a bowl and thoroughly mix with the marinade.
– Serve on a bed of mixed greens, bean shoots, some grated carrots and thin sliced beetroot.
– Garnish with sesame seeds, slices of green/red chillies and half a lime/lemon.
– Add some tartar sauce to the plate as it tastes great with calamari.
– Sprinkle your salad dressing on your bed of greens, carrots, bean shoots and beets.