Pumpkin Face Mask: The Benefits
Skin Hydrating, Nourishing & Exfoliating Face Mask
It’s autumn and October- the season for pumpkins. I love me some pumpkin pie. It’s scrumptious. Pumpkins are versatile and in this season, many use them as Jack-o’-lanterns. Do you know that, pumpkins are highly beneficial in skin care? Our face mask today is composed of pumpkin, honey and natural yoghurt: three powerful ingredients.
Skin benefits of pumpkin
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A which speeds up healing, prevents breakouts and promotes natural moisturizing hence helping the skin to hydrate effectively giving it a radiant glow.
- Rich too in vitamin C which promotes collagen production hence thickens the dermis and diminishes fine lines resulting in firm and youthful skin. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant which protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure. It’s also known to inhibit melanin production in the skin which helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and evens out skin tone hence enhancing radiance. Vitamin C encourages healthy cell turnover and regeneration as well.
- Rich too in vitamin E which too is a powerful antioxidant. It’s effective in combating the effects of free radicals produced by metabolism of food and toxins in the environment. It’s also beneficial at reducing UV damage to the skin.
- The fruit enzymes in pumpkin help in exfoliating dead skin cells.
- The zinc and potassium in pumpkins aid in combating redness.
Skin benefits of honey
- Honey is very moisturizing for every skin type.
- It’s also full of antioxidants and boosts collagen production therefore preventing aging and boosting glowing skin.
- It has got antibacterial and anti-septic properties which aid in getting rid of dirt and bacteria hence preventing and treating acne.
- Honey also promotes healing and nourishing of the skin helping in fading of scars.
- It also clarifies the skin naturally opening up pores and making them easier to unclog.
Skin benefits of natural yoghurt
- Natural yoghurt helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also helps in brightening the skin as a result of its rich content in alpha-hydroxy acids.
- With the help of naturally occurring probiotics, yoghurt evens out the skin tone by getting rid of acne scars and age spots.
- It also helps in minimizing the effects of UV rays.
- It also increases skin elasticity.
How to prepare the pumpkin face mask
- Take half a cup of pumpkin chopped in small pieces and put in a blender.
- Add 3 tea spoons of honey to it.
- Add a quarter cup of natural yoghurt to the mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients together until puréed.
Pour the purée into a container and apply on a clean freshly washed face and neck. Store the remainder in an air tight tub and put in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remember to leave the puréed face mask on your skin for not less than 15 minutes to reap all the benefits. Wash it off after that and follow on with your favorite moisturizer.
This nourishing, hydrating and exfoliating face mask can be used up to 3 times a week.